Thursday, October 30, 2008

I can't convince him to throw it away....


*It's a t-shirt from the All-star game in Vancouver (going back just a few years) that I bought at the thrift shop in Aldergrove, probably for .50 cents or something, about four years ago!!!
* Yesterday Ice came to me and told me that she had lent someone some money and as a guarantee they had left their hand phone with her. Then while she was working, someone got into her house and stole the phone and brought it to a pawn shop and got 150,000 rupiahs for it. The guys from the pawn shop came to her house and told her that if she didn't pay the money by the next day they would keep the phone. So she needed me to advance her the money so she could get the phone back. I feel so bad for her because now she is out that money, about $20 CAD and that is a lot of money for her. I think for a gift at Christmas we should put a lock on her bedroom door. There's obviously a fair bit of theft going on in that area. I also told her, again, not to lend people money. I told her she should just keep all her money at my house and then when people ask her she can honestly say that she has no money in her house.
* Brynnie is the latest victim to fall to the malaria parasite in our house. After one year of only a case of dengue fever, we are sure getting hit with the malaria bug! Just before supper she started crying that her head hurt and I felt that she had a fever. So I brought her to a nurse who lives nearby and she made two blood slides which Hugo dropped off just before 7:00 and a half hour later we had the results from one of the pharmacy's. That was amazingly quick!

3 comments:

Pearl said...

Poor kid. Hope she recovers quickly. Let's hope it stops here.

Mary said...

Oh no...poor Brynnie, hope she feels better soon!!
LOVE the shirt...lokks like it has been well worn!!!

Anonymous said...

Hopes she will be better soon. Everything fine in australie, on monday leaving for New Zealand. hope to see you soon. Love PaMa