Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bits and Bites....

It's been a while since I posted.... Life has been a little busy...
Hugo has been gone since Monday to Kalimantan where he is helping out with some work on the Caravan there. I am very thankful for cell phones which allow us to speak each day. Things are going well with the work there but Hugo is ready to come home. Lord willing he will come home on Wednesday.
Last night Ice came to my door in tremendous pain. I thought she was in a lot of pain three weeks ago when I brought her to the hospital, but I think she was in twice as much pain now. I made the decision to bring her to the hospital again but this time I brought her to the best hospital in our area, a private Catholic hospital where Marc was born about a 20-25 minute drive away, as the other hospital does not have a surgeon and I was quite worried that Ice would need surgery. I felt like an ambulance driver as we raced along the curvy road to Waena with me honking my horn and flashing my lights to get people to move aside for me.
This hospital is better. They actually provide water to patients in the ER to swallow pills with. At the other hospital we had to go buy water so she could take her pills.... Things happened quite quickly and she had an ultrasound and her blood checked. She still has PID, but they also found a cist in her uterus that they feel is causing the pain. She also still has her bladder infection and some inflamation of the intestines. She is receiving pain meds, but I think mostly because I asked them to give them to her. When I went there this morning she was in a lot of pain and I asked if they'd given her anything and they hadn't since the night before. So they gave her something. So now she is on two different powerful antibiotics which we hope will clear things up. If not, she will need to be operated on.
This hospital stay is going to cost a lot more than the other one but I hope that the end result will be better as well. Please remember Ice in your prayers.
Brynnie is finished her malaria meds and seems to be fully recovered.
Mikah has started to learn both the piano and saxophone. We had already arranged for her to have piano lessons from our neighbour and this year at school she has band class and chose to learn the saxophone. She can already play a note... yeah.... man that things loud...

3 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

I hope that Ice recovers soon! Also, you're going to love the sound of the sax just maybe not right away :)

Pearl said...

Glad you're taking good care of Ice, poor girl. I hope things clear up soon. Way to go Mikah! If gets his guitar going and the other kids pick up a different instrument you might just have a family band down the line. (-:

Jack Moesker said...

Hi Erica:
Hope the poor girl is feeling better...Hugo home yet? Lynn and Rich are coming over for the Labour Day weekend. And Marsha for the first time here. Love dad