Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bits and Bites....

Last Sunday we decided to go to church in Waena. This is the church that we attended faithfully the last time we lived here 6 years ago. We had not been back yet. This is due to a couple factors, one being that it takes a half hour to get there on a very windy road and all of our boys get car sick. The other factor is that we don't normally have a car on Sunday's. We share an MAF car with another family living near us and as they go to church farther away than us, we've let them have the car on Sunday's. The church we attend is within walking distance of our house. The church in Waena is quite a bit bigger so the singing was really nice. Church is supposed to begin at 9:00am but the didn't ring the "bell" (see photo of converted propane tank) until 9:25... Ahhh, rubber time. They asked us to introduce ourselves following the service, inbetween intense discussion regarding the plans for Christmas. I don't think anyone remembered us. Of course, at that time I had long hair and was very pregnant with our son Marc. It was neat to worship with these folks, and we hope to do it again more regularly. With the aid of travel pills...
Ice is sick again. I went to see her today and she is in a lot of pain and not eating properly (she's not taking her stomache pills as she should) and so is getting very skinny. I'm at my wits end. As it turned out, she hadn't been taking her antibiotics properly. I feel like throwing up my hands, but I can't do that. I think I may have to take her to the hospital again tomorrow. Please pray for wisdom to know what to do and for Ice to be able to recover.

No comments: