Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bits and Bites....



I took some photos of our guard Yokben and his wife, brothers, and uncle. Originally, his wife Mere asked me to take photos of herself to send to her family in the village. But when I showed up with my camera the others wanted their photos taken too. Yokben really wanted his cell phone to be on the photo. So funny... Of course while I was taking the photos, an inebriated fellow wandered onto the scene. He tried to pick up the weed eater, and they gently told him to leave it alone and then he started saying stuff about me and wandered away. But then, he came back and started asking how much it was for me to take his photo and why didn't I want to take his photo... Mere told me to quickly leave, so I did... I really feel like I'm a magnet for inebriated fellows... Again this afternoon as I was driving to our Canadian thanksgiving (belated) potluck, a drunk fellow stopped me in the middle of the road. I waited until he was beside the car and then zoomed away. He was rather angry about that and made it difficult for the next car to go by.... So we had a thanksgiving potluck lunch at a complex owned by one of the other missions here. It's up on a hill and has a great view of the city and the airport. They also have picnic tables and barbeques (wood/charcoal). So we grilled and chatted and it was fun!



Studly Canadian guys...

The two grillers... Took this photo of Rode the other day.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Happy thanksgiving! Is that a goatee I see on Hugo? (-:

Mary said...

Looks like you all had a great thanksgiving together with friends and co-workers. We have sooo much to be thankful for.