Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bits and Bites...

I have been neglectful in updating here more often. Unfortunately I cannot upload photos today from some unexplainable reason... blah...
* This morning our church service had to compete with a nearby Christmas booth blasting out music... We also witnessed the baptism of a cute baby boy. The baptismal "font" was a glass bowl of water on a plastic chair.
* Life for "I" returned to normal following the events of a couple weeks ago. I think most of us would be traumatized, but for the ladies here it is a fairly "normal" part of life. They expect it to happen.
* Hugo is heading to Wamena tomorrow to help re-install then engine of one of our Cessna 208's. It's been stuck engine-less in Wamena for some time now. He hopes to return home on Friday. We hope so too...
* We've had a bit of rain here and there but really not enough to replenish wells. It is so dry here! I've spoken to "I" about how the people should put out pails when it is raining to catch the water as it is quite clean. They believe that you can get sick from rain water so they don't do it... Baffling...

No comments: