Sunday, February 27, 2011

Coconut...


I needed grated coconut for my granola the other day so I made my way to the little market. It's been recently renovated. Someone with funds paved the road and helped the vendors build wooden stalls out of which they can sell their goods. It's so nice, I can drive by the stalls on my motorbike and stop at the ones that look promising and simply pass by the other ones. I decided to buy coconut from this fun lady (mostly cause she's the only one selling it there...). She's from Manado. I asked her to peel most of the brown stuff off the coconuts before grating them. She first "washed" them in that bucket of water... Once they were ready she started the motor of her grater. It's a pull-start, like a lawn mower, I love it! A few seconds later I had three grated coconuts in that black plastic bag. I had a fun chat with her while she was working. She has 2 children and 5 grandchildren. She asked me if I had grandchildren too...

2 comments:

AudreyU said...

grandchildren eh?!
I love coconut - sounds like a yummy granola recipe!

TBH said...

Sounds like she needs glasses...