Sunday, June 10, 2007

I’m thankful to report that Hugo made it home safely last night at 10:30. He was late in leaving Meulaboh in the morning as one of the orgs’s working there asked the MAF pilot, Amber D., to fly a woman who had been in labour to the hospital in Medan as she needed a C-section. Anyways, Hugo is at church right now and I’m at home nursing an extremely sore tail bone the result of a fall at the pool yesterday. So this old girl’s feeling about twice her age right now. Once Hugo explains the pictures he took, some rather interesting, I’ll post some of them.
On Thursday evening, Christiaan, Aidan, Mikah and I attended Aidan’s graduation from kindergarten. Can you believe it? Our teddy bear has graduated! All the kindergarten kids were so cute and did a program for us including Bible texts that they had memorized and photos they had drawn about what they want to be when the grow up and what their favourite memory of kindergarten is. Then they performed a very cute little play in which Aidan played a leopard. He hissed very well. Then they all got their graduation robes and hats on and marched down the aisle one by one to receive their diploma and rose. It was all very serious stuff. Way too cute. After that we all feasted on chicken sate! Yummy, Indonesians sure know how to do their sate! As Hugo had our camera, I had to ask some friends to take a couple photos of Aidan and once I’ve retrieved them from their computer I’ll post them.
I am pleased to say that I survived those three days without Hugo. It was pretty busy though. Not like back home where if you need to pick up the kids from school you just load the other ones into their car seats in the van and off you go. As I don’t have my motorbike license, I had to walk every time…. Sigh….. So that also means that I really can’t go anywhere by myself with the kids. Taxis here don’t even have seatbelts in the back. But our friends from Canada helped me out and we took the kids to the Jump’n Gym and to the pool. We have to get out here as there is just nowhere to play around the house and our computer dvd drive is broken so we can’t even watch anything. Poor us eh? Next week will be interesting when Hugo and I are in school and all five kids are home….

2 comments:

nicolevw said...

Glad to hear Hugo's back home safely and that you survived. Tell Aidan congratulations! Danielle "graduates" in just under two weeks. (silly!). The pictures you posted were neat to see too ....especially the ones of the lasting tsunami damage. Interesting. Take care!

Mary said...

So thankful that Hugo has returned safely. Can't wait to see the pictures of Aiden's important day!!! It is just so cute hey? So all the kids are done school? I imagine the Ibu's will be busy with them. I wonder what will they do now that much of their stuff is gone and packed away???