Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So I've been in Canada for one week now. I think I'm getting over the culture shock. You know what bugs me? I go into a store and I see something that I'm looking for and it seems to fit the bill and so I buy it. But then the next three stores will have a different version of the same item including possibly one I like better than the one I purchased... ugghhh... I'm used to only possibly finding one single version of something I need and I buy it. The array of choices to be found here is astounding! Then there are the public washrooms in places like malls and airports... CLEAN! Toilet paper and soap provided and you don't have to pay!

The roads here are so smooth... Actually the runways are smooth also. When I left Sentani we literally bounced our way into the air. When I flew from Vancouver to Kelowna in exactly the same type of plane, boeing 737, I barely felt a thing!

People drive fast... need I say more...?

It's been great to see the folks again. It feels like I haven't been gone three years. Except that my parents have better furniture now and my baby brother is an awful lot taller... :-)
As I flew to Kelowna I couldn't resist taking a photo of the rockies still covered in snow.
That second photo there is of my baby sister and me. Freakish isn't it?

2 comments:

Doulanic said...

Wow - um, yah. Freakish. Wow - she's TALL! or you're just short.... 'course, that'd make me short too. :-)

Heidi said...

Oh wow! Looks like the genetics for height were a little lop-sided in your family... My little sister is taller than me, but only by a few, hardly-noticeable inches!

BTW, the way you're describing your experiences on your first time back in so long reminds me of my first time in the same situation. Don't you just feel so silly and out of place? Hang in there!

We miss you at hockey, but we're so glad you can have this special time with your family...