Monday, April 02, 2007

Hey check out my new cluster map. It's found below the Links section on the left hand side of the screen. You can see where the visitors to my site are from! Pretty neat stuff!
I'm not sure who the person in Indonesia is who is visiting this site. Who are you?
We are down one day of spring break and I think our pembantus (helpers) survived. It helps that we have friends down the gong who have a Nintendo game cube with four controllers....
This morning I was talking with the woman who tutored us when we first came here and couldn't start school right away. I asked her what she thought of Easter. She told me that when she was a kid she went to the local christian school as did about 90% of the kids from this kampung at that time. Now the quality of the school has gone down a lot so not so many go there any more. She said that she would go to the assemblies at the school, but didn't really listen or believe what was being said. She said that she was already firm in her own faith. Her opinion is that it's nice that we have something to believe in, but she's quite happy believing in the m*slim faith. She said that when Mohammed died, God asked him if he wanted anything and Mohammed asked that God forgive the sins of everyone so God promised that he would. So if she believes this then of course she sees no need for Jesus death on the cross. She believes that the most important thing is to be good to other people and then to follow the rules of I*lam like praying five times a day and fasting at Ramadan. What would you say to someone like this? Without offending them of course... My initial thinking is this is the kind of thing that requires a long time....

4 comments:

Nancy-Mom said...

Never heard of a cluster map but it's interesting. I have a site meter on mine and that tells me where the visitors are from as well, a little more accurately than yours as it tells you the very area such as, Langley, Chilliwack, Hamilton, Toronto, Indonesia even China a few times. Where do they find my site from I wonder too.

nicolevw said...

I believe that something like you're experiencing with this lady who believes in I*lam is normal - obviously cannot be changed in one day and requires a relationship of trust and honesty. Who knows? Maybe over time she'll ask you more questions so that you can freely witness. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Erica, I enjoy reading your blogs much better than marking mathbooks. Faith is not by human persuasion or rational argument: it is the work of the Spirit in human hearts, all of which are inclined to evil. Selamat belajar.. sudah dengar mengenai oma Skah? uncle keith

Anonymous said...

Think Aiden's picture is quite priceless.Those Islam people I clean for--I have talked to them about Christmas and Easter.They say the same as that lady you talked to and are totally convinced of that no matter how much you try to explain.It is soooooooooooooo ingrained into them,even the two year old little boy is being taught the Muslim religion.I told them more than once but only the Holy Spirit can work in their hearts.Hope this finds you all in good health and God Bless.
P.S.Like the new deck on your house in the Valley.I checked it out
With lots of Love to you AA
Aunt Frieda