Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yesterday morning we took Christiaan to an audiologist. I had visited the head office of this company when we were in Jakarta upon arrival here in Indonesia. I was quite impressed with their facilities. So we took Christiaan to their office here in Bandung to get impressions for new ear molds made and have them test his hearing aids. We met with the head of the branch and she was a very knowledgeable and helpful woman. She was very excited to meet me and wants me to come and speak at one of their parent support group meetings. I have to say that I was quite pleasantly surprised to hear that they had such a thing as a parent support group. She said that a lot of parents here don’t realize the importance of getting their children to wear hearing aids as early as possible. She feels that if someone like myself with a child that has successfully learned to speak and can go to a regular school would be an encouragement to other parents. I am very excited at the prospect of being able to speak to other parents here in Indonesia. This is something I never dreamed would happen here….

3 comments:

Mary said...

Doors always seem to open in the most unexpected places...jump on it while you can.

Fried said...

can see why the kids order pizza-at least one knows what it is.It doesn't always pay to be adventurous---YUK!!!!!!!!!Cute pictures of Aiden and Mikah.That sure is special that you can speak for other parents--good for you!!!!!I'm sure you are well qualified to do this--Success!!!!!!!Have a BLESSED Sunday
With love Aunt Fried

Anonymous said...

What make are his hearing aids and if you wore them, would you cover them with your hair?