Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Well it is technically our second last day of school today. I say technically because we are taking the day off to take our kids to a traffic play park. We have never been there and the kids are getting a bit stir-crazy as there really isn't much room for them to play here and we have been rather heavily packing up already so there isn't much to play with either. We need to know today if we are going to be overweight on our allowance with Garuda airlines. We are allowed to come into the country with 70 kilos per person but to go to Papua we are only allowed 30 kilos per person. We tried to send as much stuff in our container as possible, but we might still be overweight. If so we may have to send some stuff by boat separately. Hopefully not.
Yesterday I turned a year older. Yikes.... I am thankful that God has given me this many years together with my family. I recieved a souvenir from the kids that has five elephants on a piece of wood. One elephant for each child. From Hugo I received a watch that doesn't require batteries! Yeah, for some reason watches I own always seem to frequently need the battery changed. Hugo also took me out for a nice dinner and I could enjoy a nice caesar salad and steak. Probably our last time out at a nice restaurant for a long time!
Our well is already almost dry. I don't know if Ibu Tati will be able to do laundry here today. I'm sure glad we're leaving in a couple days. I don't really want to repeat our experience of last fall where we had to save any dish and bath water to use to flush the toilet... We now really know how much water is wasted when the toilet is flushed.... lots....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the Lord's blessings, Erica and Hugo and family, as you pack up and leave for the "final destination". Selamat jalan
uncle Keith & aunt Coby

Fried said...

Erica,first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!Glad you had a nice birthday and pray that you may have many more birthdays in good health togather with Hugo and your 5 beautiful children.Also I pray that youse may have safe travels to Papua and get settled without too many glitches.I,ll be anxiously awaiting your first blog from there concerning your travels and safe,D.V. arrival.Until then ALL MY LOVE to YOU ALL.Praying that our Heavenly Father may guide you safely on your ways.
Aunt Frieda

Doulanic said...

Congratulations with your birthday! May God bless you with many many more! (you're still quite young you know!)