Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More wildlife...

This was my shower friend this morning... But alas, his life was shortlived as it met an untimely end with the crash of a large sneaker.... Whew... My heart was beating pretty fast at that point. I have no idea if this guy was poisonous or not, I'm just relieved that I can say "was"...
We are now counting down the days until we can move into our new house. On Saturday a pembantu is coming to help me clean the house in preparation for our Monday move. This will also be a chance for me to talk with this woman and interview her as a possible two or three day a week helper for me. I have given it a go without a helper and have found that I just can't do it. There is so much dust here that your house gets dirty every day over again. The windows need to be cleaned weekly and there are about thirty panes for each window... you do the math... Never mind all the other stuff that needs to be done. There are lots of ladies who want to work for me in that nice new house so I should be able to find someone.
The kids are doing great. The three oldest are enjoying school and have all made friends. Once we move they will all be living a lot closer to their friends and will be able to play with them after school and Saturdays. They are also very excited about opening our crates and seeing all our stuff again. Marc loves preschool. He sure is more tired on those days though. Brynnie is quite a stinker still and loves to not listen, but she is so cute we just forgive her.
Hugo is still busy fixin things. There's always something that needs to be fixed. They are also working on ordering some new instruments for some of the aircraft. He also trains the newer young guy whenever the opportunity arises. There is no avionics school around so this guy only has general electronics training.

1 comment:

Doulanic said...

THAT is WAY more freaky than any spider we've had the pleasure of squashing (or in my case - catching to dump outside) in this house!!! (did you guys have a lot of problems with spiders???)