Friday, August 01, 2008



This is what you get when your kids decorate your birthday cake! Too cute eh?

Well, we have the first malaria patient in our family. Marc has come down with malaria Tropika +1. Thankfully it's only +1 and not +4. He pretty much just has a really bad headache and just wants to lay down. It's funny because I went to an Indonesian woman who works at SIL and is known to be the most reliable slide reader and had her make two blood slides. One she read and the other I brought to a pharmacy in town. She said positive, the pharmacy said negative. Since a four year old doesn't usually get a headache so bad it makes him cry, I figured I'd go with result number one. So Marc has to take quinine for 4-5 days and fansidar on day 2. I hope he doesn't get really bad side effects from the quinine.

2 comments:

Doulanic said...

I'm sorry to hear Marc has malaria. Hope he recovers from it well!

Pearl said...

Great birthday cake...it's neat whent he kids can do the work for you...is that a playmobil tree? Hope you had a fun day together.
We'll pray Marc recovers quickly. Thankfully this is the 1st case considering how long you've been there already.