Saturday, August 09, 2008

* Today we went up to the waterfall with our Dutch friends Pieter and Anja vanDijk and their four kids. It was a really fun day and I took a lot of pictures which I will slowly upload (dial-up internet...).

*This morning the daughter (classmate of Christiaan) of our school head had to be medivaced to Australia as she had suffered internal injuries from a bicycle accident. Thankfully an expat doctor happened to be in Sentani and was able to help them. Right now there is not usually any expat doctors and right now, only one expat nurse. The little girl and her dad were flown to Australia on the plane of another mission aviation group here whose plane can make it there in about 3.5 hours without fueling.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the update on Dave Clapper. We are from his home congregation.

Unknown said...

Praying for the Clapper family. Judah, Dave's son, works for us here in the US and I know there family will need prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posting, my dad Henny van de Kerkhof is one of the pilots at AMA. He informed us that they were searching for David Clapper and to pray for him and his familly. I don't know the Clappers personally but I do know that my parents know them well! He and his familly are in our thoughts. God Bless and praying for a safe return, Fabrice van de Kerkhof email: osloinnorway@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I think you should be thoughtful before posting sensitive news stories on the open internet, people such as friends and family members may find out the news from your blog before they can be contacted directly by those actually involved. If you want to request prayer you don't have to mention names, or perhaps give first names at most.

Erica Feunekes said...

Dear Anonymous. You are absolutely right and I apologize. I didn't even think about the possiblity of that occurring. Thank-you for your advice.

Anonymous said...

We prayed for the Clapper family today during our church service. Katherine Mosher's parents and I attend the same church. We will continue to keep you and the mission in prayer.

Roy Peacock
<><

Anonymous said...

Hey guys its Drew McMurry, I was part of the Indonesia Team this year. Just wanted to say that I miss you guys and hope everyone is doing well. Say hi to everyone for me. I miss everyone over there!