Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mikah's 11!!!!


Yesterday was Mikah's 11th birthday. It was a quiet day. As I had just come home from Singapore the day before (losing a night of sleep in the process), I was not prepared to host a birthday party. That will hopefully happen next Saturday. It was neat that I was in Singapore before Mikah's birthday as I could shop there for her. I found a nice little Bible for her, an Mp3 player, a ball for her hamster to run around the house in, a nice t-shirt and then a sarong which I purchased in the airport in Bali from one of the only two shops open in the middle of the night in the dumpy domestic terminal... Mikah was rather thrilled with her gifts particularly the Mp3 player. She loves to sing and to listen to music. She was also thrilled with the chocolate trifle I made for her birthday. The pudding and chocolate bits are from Singapore...


Last saturday I went with Brynne, Mikah and two other ladies to Abe for haircuts. We all went to Ibu Linda. She has a little salon on the second floor of a two-storey building that has rebar sticking out the side of it. She lives at the back of the salon. I don't think she ever really takes a break from working except when she goes to her home island to visit and buy stuff for her salon. She doesn't normally wear sunglasses while working, but one of her eyes was sore that day.
Right across the road from the hair salon is what you see in the first photo... The Auto Bridal Salon Mobil (Car) - Snow car washer cuci salju (snow wash). They love our English language here, but they don't really know it... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gefeliciteerd met je grote dochter:)

Tamara Jansen said...

Mmmmmm, yummy! Chocolate trifle is my favorite. Happy Belated Birthday.