Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bits and Bites...


Me an my beautiful daughter... Aidan wants all his friends to know that even though the Canucks have gotten off to a rocky start, he's still rooting for them!


Mikah at her last volleyball game shaking hands with the opposing team which consisted of girls who live up here on Pos 7.

The safety bash at Mickey's, yes named after that famouse cartoon mouse...

So I thought I'd do another listing of facts/news in no particular order...
*It's been super hot and dry here as of late. It's a bit draining really...

*Our road is so bumpy that by the time I reach the bottom on my motorbike (which now rattles like crazy) I feel like I've been wrestling with a pile driver for the past 5 minutes...

*We had an MAF safety luncheon last week to celebrate another year of safe flying. Thank you Lord!

*I've been organizing the craft for Sunday school each week (which is held at the wee morning hour of 7:30 am before the church service...)and this past week's craft of crowns decorated with sparkle dust from Canada and beads from here was a rousing success!

*Sunday night there must have been a big party down the road cause there was LOUD music into the wee hours of the night... So thankful for the white noise of our a/c and glass windows...

*Ice bought our old playstation 2 off of us and has been making some money letting kids play it for 5,000 rupiahs/hour. Unfortunately her family thinks she now has all kinds of money to give to them and have "borrowed" every penny (rupiah) she's made on the machine! Ugghh... I told her that she should keep a portion to "lend" out and then I would hide the rest for her... It's the only way for her to "get ahead".

*Someone stole the lock for our gate. Who steals a lock without a key? Blah... And new ones are at least $20... double blah...

*Sunday morning one of the water pipes on our tank for the public came apart so the system was inoperable. It was fixed by Monday afternoon but there were many people complaining to Ice about it... I think they re-appreciated the water all over again... :-)

*MAF has been able to do a couple relief flights to the flooded area of Wasior. It seems some local churches and businessmen from Jakarta are working together to provide some supplies and counselling to those affected by the flooding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I appreciate your blog...My wife Amy and are currently fundraising with MAF (we're Canadians too) - I'm an aircraft mechanic. The plan is for us to head to Indonesia next year. Maybe one day we'll end up in Papua as well, I personally kind of hope that Papua is the province we end up in.
I understand (from your blog) your husband Hugo is an avionics guy & is getting his M1 license. It's great for us back here in Canada to hear / read about life as an MAF'er in Papua and about all that happens over there. Do you guys have facebook accounts?
God bless,
-Ben Eadie