Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm pleased to report, that while our faces our still rather whitish, the boys and I are on the road to recovery. The medicine that we take for malaria does not have the nasty side effects of quinine but does lower ones blood sugar level to dizzy-spell inducing levels and leaves a rather unpleasant taste in ones mouth. We are all looking forward to feeling energetic again!

Funny story.
This morning, not having much energy, I spent the little energy that I had in reserve, visiting my two good friends who are horizonalized with dengue fever. Yes, for some strange reason all three of us became afflicted at around the same time, me being the first to fall. Well, not so strange as we all camped at the beach at the same time.... Visit number one occurred at my neighbours house. Before heading over I informed "I" that I would be going next door. I had my visit and went back home to discover my house locked up tight and me without a key in my pocket. Arrggg... I was on a tight timeline as I needed to visit friend number 2 yet and then pick up Brynne from school so I walked down to I's house to ask her to open the door. She was there and we walked back together. I thought nothing of it all. This evening "I" came back to pick up her washed blankets and told me that my "visit" had prompted much discussion amongst her father and neighbours. Upon her return home her father immediately told her to sit down at the table. She assumed he was angry about something. He asked her why I had come to their house, what had she done? She must have broken something because she's sick of working and wants to get fired. "I" explained that no, nothing had happened, just that all the doors had been locked. Then a neighbour came by and asked her why I had come. Then another, and another.... She was ruing the fact that I had come! I joked that I should come more often as it obviously gives some very bored people something to talk about.... "I" was horrified...

1 comment:

AudreyU said...

wow - quite the interested neighbours eh?!
Glad to hear you are on the mend, Lord willing it will continue to go uphill!