Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sick...

Well, tropical diseases have hit our family hard this week. Christiaan has malaria tropika +2 and Aidan has malaria tropika+1. I have either malaria or dengue fever. I started feeling sick on Friday already but thought I'd just overdone it at basketball and then shopping in Abe. On Saturday I should have done a slide but didn't. Early Sunday morning I woke up shivering and sweating yet freezing cold. As it was Sunday I decided to just start taking malaria meds instead of waiting to have a slide read. But it appears that my symptoms may be more on the dengue fever end of things. Blah... So I have to drink like a fish and wait for the telltale rash that should appear on day 5 to confirm. I feel very weak, my knee joints hurt, my head is dizzy and I feel nauseous off and on.
I'm sick of being sick so lets move on from that...
Last Friday was the third anniversary of the death of R's husband. click here to read the story. She now believes that he died of a stroke or heart attack. She really loved him and he was her best friend but his family caused her nothing but suffering. Last Friday his entire family came to her house to have a big meal together. Everyone brought food but R feels that this party was unusually large and wonders what is behind it. Because R only has a daughter his family has been making comments about how she shouldn't be allowed to continue living in the house as it was her husbands parents house. Boy decendents are very important. R hopes to be able to hang on there until she is done school in about a year and a half.

2 comments:

Tania Grim said...

Yikes I dont know much about Malaria or denges is it quite serious? I always thought it was. i will keep you all in my prayers.

Tania Grim

Tamara Jansen said...

I hope you all feel better SOON! Sounds like you have a lot of resting to do.