Monday, April 14, 2008

The word so far from Hugo is that he is holding up okay. But I haven't heard how today went...
We had a good visit with the ENT. He sucked all the wax out of Christiaans ears and checked his adenoids with a scope. All is well. Then we went to the audiologist and I was very impressed. The clinic is very professional and the audiologist himself is from Germany and has a lot of experience particularly with kids. He recommended some changes to the programming of Christiaan's hearing aids and so far Christiaan already likes them! Like the reduction in background noise and the sound of his own voice. Then I had my eyes checked. Turns out my prescription is too strong. I picked out some frames and they are going to reduce my prescription just a little.
Singapore is such a modern city that is jam-packed full of shopping centres... I can't believe how many there are! But everything is brand name stuff. I really wish there was a Walmart here (I can't believe I just wrote that...). I also enjoyed a Subway sandwich today for the first time in 2 years. Man it was tasty! I also had a caesar salad at supper! MMMMMMmmmmm..... So good!

2 comments:

Mary said...

So it sounds like the appointments were a success. Christiaan's hearing aides all tweeked up and up to snuff so he can hear better. It probably takes a bit of getting used to again because he will hear different again. Your perscription was too strong?? Eyes getting better or wrong in the first place?
Hope you have great success with the shopping part. May God grant you safe travels home again and that all has gone well with Hugo as well at home with the other kiddies. He getting better everyday as well?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're enjoying all the things we take for granted. When I went to India as a medical student a few years ago, my friend and I made an eight-hour bus trip one weekend to the nearest Boston Pizza. The pizza had corn on it, but we still cried with happiness as we ate it.