Tuesday, April 14, 2009



I was going through my photos the other day looking for some to put in our latest newsletter when I came across this aerial photo of Sentani. I took it as we were coming in to land on our way home from Bokindini. On the bottom right you can see our new mall in all its glory. The boxed area on the left is the hill that the international school is on and the boxed area on the right is our hill. Our house is located about three quarters of the way up the box. But like I said before, there is no road going from our hill to the school hill. We must drive all the way down to the main road (the road in front of the mall) and then turn right and drive until the school road and turn right again and make our way up the hill. Below the school on the left is a military complex and a social housing project. The soldiers used to do target practice and put up a flag to let the folks at the school know their plans so you would avoid certain areas of the school grounds. However, one day a child did get shot in the leg and that was the end of that.... I believe they no longer do target practice there anymore... or at least not in that direction...

No comments: