Sunday, April 05, 2009

Visitor....





This weekend we had a visitor. There is a school here in Sentani for Papuans where they can learn English, Math, discipleship, cooking and other practical things. Each year the students in their first (or maybe only) year stay with a western family for a weekend to experience our culture and speak lots of English. This year we thought it would be a fun thing to do. So we hosted Cina (Cheena), who is 23 and hopes to become a radio broadcaster. She's a very sweet quiet girl and we really enjoyed having her over, especially Brynnie...
In the photos up top is Ritha on the right with Cina on the left.
Yesterday I decided to go to town on my bicycle and see if I could get some vegetables from a little market not too far from our hill. I like going there if I only need a few common items because I can drive/ride right in and pass by the vendors until I see what I need. The last photo is our road, part way up. Mount Cyclops is always a beautiful sight.

1 comment:

Tamara Jansen said...

That market looks like tons of freshness and fun :)

Love the mountain views too!