Sunday, March 25, 2007

Two Funny Stories...

I forgot to recount a funny story from our time in Jakarta. We had brought along some pembantus to help with looking after the kids so that the parents could go to meetings. At one point when we had free time, the three helpers decided to go for a walk to the mall across the way from the hotel. They brought Brynnie with them. While they were walking, suddenly a police officer called them over. They started grabbing for their identification cards thinking that that's what he wanted to see. He said,"No, No, I just want to see that really cute white kid you have!" Too funny!!
This morning we got on an angkot and right after us two rather short men got on as well. One of them, and I'm not kidding you, came up to below my shoulders and I'm only 5 feet 2 inches tall. This man was not a dwarf, just really short. Anyways, we started moving along and these two men are checking us all out. I guess they didn't realize we understood Indonesian because the one guy said something like,"I guess they don't use KB (birth control)." I replied with, "They are all gifts from God." What else could he do but agree?

1 comment:

Maria said...

Read latest Interesting and odd news online 👇
https://www.interestingnews.club

Follow my social networks for funny memes and odd news

Facebook page 👇
follow Facebook page
Twitter👇
Join Twitter
Telegram👇
Join Telegram