Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fun, fun, fun....

Yesterday we went to the hospital with Aidan to get him circumcised. We had made an appointment for 9:00am the week before. But of course, what should have been a half hour affair turned into an all day affair. The doctor was in an emergency surgery so we were told that it would be a 2 hour wait. So we left and did some shopping and came back. Then we waited, and waited, and waited. Finallly the doctor came and started seeing people ahead of us who had come after us! Grrrrr…. Anyways, I guess he just wanted to get some consultations out of the way first. Then it was finally our turn. It is quite a nice hospital. It was just opened this year and everything is brand new. All the instruments used were sterile and the doctor was good. (all muslim boys are circumcised here so they’re really good at doing the procedure) Aidan did not enjoy it of course, especially not the needle to numb things up. But he did okay. Then we had to wait and wait for the medicine and cream prescribed by the doctor. By the time we got home it was about 3:30… But that’s just the way things go here….
So yesterday while I was at the hospital with Aidan, my helper told Hugo that the money that we had been giving to our neighbour to give to our R.T. (kampung head) and for garbage pick up had been paid late. Each month we have to pay these two fees and our neighbour, Ibu Umi, has been doing that for us. It’s just that we are always at school when they come around and I guess my helpers just felt that it was best to get the neighbour to give the money. Anyways, it turns out that Ibu Umi has been using the money and then paying the guys late. Soooo, I’m rather disappointed to hear that. I feel rather weird about it. I trusted her and she has abused that trust to a certain degree. So now I’m wondering if I should address it with her or just leave it as we are moving in a few weeks anyways. Ahh, the joys of living here….

No comments: