Monday, July 23, 2007

On Saturday Hugo and I went to the hospital with Brynnie to see the doctor about her blood tests. We had to wait quite a while to see him even though we were the first patients to arrive as he was checking up on another patient somewhere else in the hospital. So the doctor tells me that the blood tests show no bacteria in her body. So I ask him well then where do the spots come from? (the first time she had this I went to a different doctor and he did a quick little test that showed that there was bacteria-now we are trying to find out exactly what bacteria) He says, maybe allergies? I'm like, but allergy spots don't have fluid in them and don't leave scars... (where did this guy study medicine?) Anyways, he tells me that he isn't sure about the accuracy of the test and recommended that we go to a different lab. So we went to the best lab in Bandung, where we've had tests done before, and they tell me that they can't do the test that day as the tools they need to do the blood culture are at a different place that is closed on saturdays so we need to come back on Tuesday. So we hope to go tomorrow morning early. Hopefully we won't get sent away again....
So this morning my neighbour Ibu Nina, Ibu Umi's (who used the money) daughter, came over and apologized to my pembantu and they talked about what had happened and Ibu Tati forgave her. Ibu Nina also said that they had gone to the RT and paid the money and apologized to them as well. Apparently the RT's wife told them not to ever do this again as it will make foreigners not want to live here. Quite right I'd say... Glad that's all sorted out and everyones apologized and forgiven eachother.... :-)
This coming weekend one of our teachers is getting married, finally... He has been dating a girl for 12 years now. She was of our cousin faith and has since become one in faith with her boyfriend. I'm not sure how long ago she actually did but I think a few years already. Anyways, they had been waiting for permission from their parents to get married. I think her mother was the one that held things up so long. Our teacher is turning 40 this year and she is around 35! I still find that whole thing quite amazing! We are hoping to go to the party at least. I'd love to see the church ceremony, but the whole thing starts at 8:00 on saturday morning at a church that is quite far away and the party is on sunday. Weddings here are a multiple day affair. Rather exhausting I'd say....
On another note regarding weddings, a long time ago I wrote about a couple in our church who had been dating for a while. She is of Chinese descent and he is of mixed ethnicities. Her parents really didn't like their daughter dating someone who is not of Chinese descent even though this guy is a Christian and very active in the church. Now, the girls parents have moved her back to their home town to get her away from this man and it is quite possible that they will never see eachother again. Rather sad eh?

No comments: