Monday, July 16, 2007

So today we went back to the hospital for Aidan's post-op check-up. All is healing well and he can now be bathed again. He is definitely more mobile now than yesterday. At the same time we saw the pediatrician with Brynnie as her bacteria just doesn't want to go away even after a round of antibiotics. So they took some blood from her. I also saw the ear nose and throat doctor there as I have been having some ear and throat pain on my left side. She found nothing really wrong, only a huge wax build-up in my right ear (which she thankfully disposed of). She did find that I had enlarged granules (?) in my throat and asked me if my throat is often sore. It is and she said that when a throat is sore the granules enlarge and if it happens a lot they don't want to get small again. She thinks that maybe it is the result of allergies. Allergies have a habit of being really bad here as the air is very polluted here in Bandung. Anyways, now we need to wait for a few days for the results of Brynnie's blood test. They are going to do a culture and check for drug resistance.
We also found out that for about the first month that we will be in Papua, we are going to live in the same house that we did last time. The house they are building for us is not yet completed. While I'm not surprised, this is after all Indonesia, I'm still disappointed as that will mean living for another month in someone else's house with someone else's stuff....

No comments: